Skip to content
LAY-BY TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Please refer to the attached receipt for details of the goods placed on Lay-by.
- Please refer to attached receipt for purchase price of the goods. The purchase price of the items will not alter during the term of the lay-by contract.
- Your deposit amount detailed on your receipt is regarded as the first payment & Lay-by payments on the balance cannot be more than 14 days apart.
- Subject to clause 5(below), a cancellation fee of 25% of the total value of the lay -by will apply if the lay-by is cancelled. This may result in forfeiture of the deposit and I or a portion of all the installments.
- The customer may cancel the Lay-by without incurring a cancellation charge if the goods are delivered damaged, or any other circumstance that is set out in clause 89(3) of the Fair Trading Act 1999.
- Lay-by parcels of more than one item cannot be separated and must be paid in full before collection.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inform the store of any change of address or contact details.
- The ownership of the lay-by goods will not pass to the customer until the full purchase price has been paid.
- Non payment will be a breach of the lay-by agreement and the retailer may cancel the lay-by after giving the customer at least 14 days written notice of the breach. In such case, a notice of the breach will be posted to the customer’s last known address. If, after the notice period, the customer has not made a further payment, or paid the balance, as the circumstances require, the customer will be deemed to have cancelled the lay-by. The customer will forfeit the goods and incur the cancellation charge as set out in clause 4 herein and any remaining sum shall be reimbursed to the customer.
- lf the retailer cancels the lay-by other than for a breach of the above conditions, then all monies will be returned to the customer without a cancellation charge being incurred.